Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's resolutions time!

So... I haven't blogged in a while. Ever since all my friends and family members had their babies in the spring. I've taken some time off to quit my job, homeschool my children, get my teaching credential (done in May 2010), and loose just a bit more of my sanity. So now that it's 2010, I thought I would make a new entry in my old friend up blog. And what better to write about than New Years Resolutions (in my mind that sounded like a deep echo - like an announcer would in a low budget "sale" commercial). So here they are...

1. Stop Smoking!! Ok - so I don't smoke, but I wanted to start my list with a resolution that would be easy to check off. Kind of like a confidence booster. So... check.

2. Get employed. I would love to have all this new schooling pan out to something that pays. That would be nice.

3. Blog more... check.

4. Go to Disneyland. This was one of my resolutions last year. Cassidy (my 10 year old daughter), Jimmy (my brother), and I tried to check this one off for 2009 on December 29th - this past Tuesday. However, we found out - while waiting in the line to park - that Disneyland had in fact sold out! Did not know that was possible. So this year - we may start trying to tackle this resolution a bit earlier to make sure we can check it off.

5. Get my 10 year to take a shower by herself. This would complete my 10 year plan of getting both children to a point where they can make a sandwich, bathe on their own, and wipe their own behinds. My work here is almost done.

6. Have the talk... x's 2. Yes, this is the year of the "coming of age" talks. I have a feeling this is going to age me as much as it will them.

7. Stick to our restrictions. We have a few limits around this house and they tend to get lax when I get pooped. We are back to one hour of tv per day for each kid, one soda a day for me, read for an hour before playing video games, and no video games during the school week.

8. Save at least $200 a month - every month! I think I can... I think I can.

9. Find a devotions book that I like and will stick with. I do great typically until February.

and finally...

10. Gain 20 pounds! No - this isn't another confidence booster resolution. Although that would ironic to put this as one since I know I can check it off, but will loose a little self-confidence gaining even more weight. No, no... this is sorta like a reverse-psychology resolution. Typically I say I want to loose weight in the new year - and guess what - I gain. So this year I'm trying something different. Either way I guess I will gain confidence.

Well - that's it for now.

1 comment:

GeraldoFuentez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.