Monday, June 16, 2008

You're my anti-drug...


Today at McDonalds in Yucaipa, the cashier was a very nice young lady with little to no bad attitude.  She was polite enough and took my order without incident.  However, when I paid, I noticed that she was wearing an interesting bracelet that had some odd design on each of the dime-sized beads that went all the way around it.  Upon closer inspection, I found that the design was a pot leaf.  At first, I was kind of shocked.  After all - she is on the job.  Then the mother in me wanted to tattle on her - what if my children were with me and saw that.  Sure, they wouldn't have a clue what it was or why it would be wrong to wear that on the job.  But still - it's the principle of the thing.  Then the mother in me, also wanted to talk to the girl and tell her that pot leaves weren't going to get her anywhere in life - trust me!  But then I realized that her little display was probably a pretty descent anti-drug campaign for those customers who figured it out.  After all - she is working at McD's.  So cashier at McD's wearing the obvious pot leaves so proudly on your wrist - today you are my anti-drug!

No comments: