Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm just an LOL...

So I just got the most random phone call.  The caller id said "private," so it was a risk to answer it.  But once I did, I was met with the most star-struck little old lady.  Here's a bit of how the conversation went (events may be slightly dramatized for effect)...

Me: Hello? *said with a cool air of calm wisdom*
LOL (Little Old Lady): Is this Amy Koller? *voice shaking with anticipation and pure excitement*
Me: Yes...? *drenched in compassionate knowing of what was about to transpire*
LOL: Oh my... I'm just a little old lady from Yucaipa.  I live up on Fremont Street in the mobile home park.  I just got my issue of Budget Travel and I saw you in there.  I'm just a little old lady from Yucaipa! *she sits to avoid fainting from the mere sound of my voice*
Me: hahahaha... yes.  Aren't you cute. *This was like the politician kissing the local babies... just keepin' it real*
LOL: Oh my... I'm just a little old lady and I've lived in Yucaipa for so long and I saw it in the magazine!  *probably just forgot to mention that she was more excited about talking to me than about seeing the name of her city in a magazine*
Me: hahahaha... yes. *I have such a way with words!*
LOL: Well, did you see it?  Did you get your copy yet? *breathless from the earth-shattering excitement of actually getting through to a famous author*
Me: yes I...
LOL: I'm just a little old lady up on Fremont Street in the mobile home park.  Well ok. bye. *click*
Me: thank.... *dial tone*

So that was random... but fun.  Feel free to start the official fan club now.  I know a little old lady in a trailer park in Yucaipa who will wear the button! (and you can probably convince my mom to join too)

No comments: