Friday, May 23, 2008

OMB (Oh My Blog)...

So I'm on protective watch right now so I won't hurt myself.  I made the mistake of checking zillow this week.  Last month I was sure that we had reached the bottom.  But no, yesterday I found that we had sunk even lower.  After that grim discovery, I began to eye my neighbors in a whole new light.  As I slowly made my way down the culd-e-sac to my driveway, I couldn't help but levy disapproving stares at the un-manicured lawns or chipping stucco.  I've become hyper critical of the pile of junk in one neighbor's yard, and the boarded up house on the street makes me pray that the Lord will rain down sweet righteous fire upon the eyesore.  I seriously feel like that commitment-phobic man who was finally talked into getting married, and now sees only prison when he looks into her once lovely eyes.  Every dog bark or honk of a horn makes me want to escape this suburban cell.  My wanderlust is raging out of control and I'm afraid if house values don't rise soon, I could see myself upping the insurance on this old house and plotting her death.

But other than that, life is looking pretty sunny!   

No comments: