Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A nod from a blog...

So my editor emailed me (that was super fun to type!) and told me that my article had received a tiny nod in the NY Post blog.  Here's what the blog had to say in regards to my BT piece...  

"For the June issue, however, they've gone completely nuts, giving over all 142 pages of the book -- including the beautiful cover -- to their loyal fans, who file everything from tips on Denver cafes (useful!) to cute stories about taking your kids to Hong Kong to eat dim sum (fun to read!)."

That's me!  I'm fun to read!!  What a ride this has been!

Speaking of the article... I got the check yesterday, along with a very nice letter from Erik, the editor.  The check went directly into the bank, but I think I will frame the letter along with a copy of the article.  I'm not quite sure how I'll do that yet, but I think this is one of the those occasions where framing is appropriate.  That way years from now, when I am deliciously busy as a full time travel writer, I can look back on this experience and remember it as a graduation of sorts.  Or... years from now, when I am drearily going about with life as usual, I can look back on this experience and remember it as one of the best times of my life.  Either way, this has been quite a ride!

No comments: